- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) is a measure of desired sound output with respect to noise.
- When listening to music on your headphones, the audio is partly affected by the background/ambient noise around you.
- SNR determines how well your headset or audio device filters out unwanted sound (noise).
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio is simply the value you get after subtracting background noise from the desired sound.
- The higher the SNR value, the better the sound quality of your device.
Also read: What is active noise cancellation and how does it work in phones?