- SDR refers to standard dynamic range.
- It is the quality of a screen to correctly display the brighter parts and darker parts of the image that both contain displayable detail.
- While high dynamic range (HDR) offers more quality in displaying the bright and dark sections, SDR strikes a little lower in this regard.
- SDR can only do a fraction of what HDR is capable of.
- Displaying bright and dark sections correctly is important in showing the real and accurate versions of a scene or object.
Also read: What is a multi-touch screen and how does it work?