- Precision dimming is a feature that has been popularized by the LG and Samsung television manufacturers.
- Precision dimming is extensively borrowed from local dimming.
- Both techniques are used in controlling screen lighting in order to achieve enhanced image contrast.
- Local dimming refers to the dimming of the LED backlighting in some parts of the screen.
- This allows for a higher contrast ratio and enhanced black colors on the screen.
- Precision dimming involves edge-mounted light-emitting diodes (LEDs) that light the screen.
- In Precision dimming, These LED lights can be dimmed individually rather than in groups.
- Precision dimming gives you accurate black colors by simply turning off specific light-emitting diodes in the background.
Also read: What is a QNED MiniLED TV and How Does it Work?