- OIS stands for Optical Image Stabilization.
- Image stabilization is an essential factor in a smartphone camera.
- OIS is designed to prevent blurring as you take pictures because of unwanted/sudden camera movements.
- Your camera has a shutter that opens to allow light inside in order to take a picture.
- Any movement or shaking can distort or blur your picture as the light gets in.
- OIS is a mechanical/hardware system that can detect movement and adjust the camera system accordingly.
- While you can use a tripod stand for camera stabilization, OIS is a must-have feature on your phone.
Also read: What is a HSPA Network?