- A GPU is a Graphics Processing Unit, which is a chip that is fitted in modern smartphones.
- It is a specialized circuit that generates images for the device to display.
- The architecture and functioning of a GPU are almost similar to the CPU.
- It processes and executes graphical instructions.
- The GPU is the key component in displaying pictures, videos, movies, and games you play on your phone.
- It is also responsible for sustaining your user interface by projecting your Apps and other functionalities on your phone screen.
- The applications that massively depend on the GPU are gaming Apps. It will supply graphics, texture, and smoothness of the game among other aspects.
- Examples of graphics processing units include the Adreno series developed by Qualcomm Technologies.
Also read: What is Punch Hole Display in Phones?