- Direct cooling is the mode of refrigeration where cool air is supplied naturally through convection, without any external control.
- Direct cooling technology is used in single-door refrigerators which are ideal for small families.
- While direct cooling fridges are cheaper, they can sometimes bring uneven cooling because they are mostly not regulated.
- As routine maintenance, you need to conduct manual defrosting to physically wipe off ice layers on the freezer walls.
- It is the direct opposite of the frost-free technology that allows even cooling due to temperature distribution control.
Also read: What is a CFC-free Refrigerator?