- An RGBW sensor was developed using Red Green Blue and White color filter technology.
- This sensor enables you to take high-definition images, especially in dim and dull surroundings.
- Smartphone companies that sell highly on phone cameras such as Tecno have the RGBW sensor as a crucial component.
- It is an upgrade of the RGB sensor which was widely used before.
- The RGBW technology introduces white pixels in addition to red, green, and blue.
- The white pixels are highly receptive to light, and they suck in more light without disrupting the other picture elements.
- This makes it possible to shoot clear pictures even where light is very limited.
- The RGBW sensor is usually fitted in the phone’s primary/main camera.
Also read: What is a Dual Camera and How Does it Work in Phones?