- Adaptive EQ stands for adaptive equalization and it is a signature feature in all AirPods and other Apple ear devices.
- It is a feature that normally works in the background, meaning the AirPod user has no control over its functioning.
- Adaptive EQ moderates the audio frequencies (from low frequencies (bass) to medium frequency sounds) to give you a rich and detailed listening experience.
- Adaptive EQ works through the coordination of an H1 chip and special microphones within the Airpod.
- These microphones adjust sound transmission inside your ear in accordance with how your ear is shaped.
- The inward-facing microphones detect what you are listening to before adjusting the sound frequencies to deliver rich details in every song.
- Adaptive EQ is able to customize or modify your audio in real-time.
Also read: What is awareness mode on earbuds?