- Wire racks are a very important component in a cooker/oven.
- A wire rack system is a crucial cooling technique in the final stages of baking.
- Most baking recipes dictate that a hot pan should be set on a wire rack for cooling.
- This is because the presence of heat in the pan further continues the baking process.
- Failure of effective cooling leads to overbaking.
- The wire rack system facilitates the even circulation of air all around the baked cake including below it.
- It is better than setting the pan on top of the kitchen counter which does not allow air below the pan.
- Some cookers have a chrome-coated wire rack system for efficient cooling during baking.
Also read: What is a Hot Plate and How Does it Work in a Cooker?