- Multi-touch is a display technology that can sense/detect more than one touch on the screen.
- It is useful when you need to zoom in or pinch the screen to either enlarge or reduce the displayed content.
- Like capacitative touch screen technology, multi-touch works through capacitors lined on a phone/device screen.
- These capacitors detect various points of contact between your fingers and the screen.
- Your touches exert pressure on the screen which disrupts the electrical charges present underneath it.
- The smartphone/tablet/computer interprets this disruption as an input or command of your finger.
Also read: What is burst mode and what does it do in photography?