- A hot plate is a portable cooking device powered by electricity.
- It can be included on the cooker’s cooktop or can be used as a separate unit.
- A hot plate has a coil inside which heats up once electric current is supplied.
- You can then place a cooking vessel or pan on top of the plate to prepare a meal.
- Outside the kitchen, hot plates are commonly used for heating in labs and hostels.
- The Ramtons standing cooker, for instance, has a 1000 Watt hot plate on its cooktop.
Also read: What is a 4 Zone Cooktop in Cookers?