- A racetrack driver is a speaker that is designed in the shape of a motor racing track (a rectangular shape with curved edges).
- These speakers are common in soundbars because the height dimension of soundbars is small and limited.
- The soundbar design cannot fit large circular diaphragm speakers for bass.
- As such, the diaphragm is spread along the length of the soundbar, making it assume a rectangular shape.
- While the racetrack drivers mainly project mid-tone sound, they produce good bass to complement the high-frequency tweeter speakers.
Also read: What is optical input and how does it work on soundbars?